Borrow an item listed in the catalog but that is currently circulating
Place a Hold
- You may request items yourself, from the Online Catalog Log in with your library card and password. Search for the title, click the “Place Hold” link. Some rental dvds are not available. If you need to request a specific magazine issue, please contact the reference desk at the library.
- You may request an item at the Circulation Desk when you are in the library.
- You may request an item by calling the library at 978-465-0539
Borrow an item not listed in the catalog
- You may search the state-wide Virtual Catalog from the Main Search Screen. Find it listed on the Online Catalog screen in the gray bar, just above Advanced Search. You will be searching libraries in Massachusetts outside of the MVLC Library Consortium. You will need your library card and password.
- If the item cannot be found in the Virtual Catalog, a request can be made to the library, either in person or by calling, and a Mediated Interlibrary Loan can be set in motion. Library staff will then search out of state for your item. A $5 non-refundable fee is required for this service, to cover postage costs.