Your Library Card
A Newbury Town Library Card connects you to the things you like and the things you love – from streaming music and free music downloads, e-books and audio books, DVDs, CDs, Magazines, as well as access to research databases and resources on countless subjects that you can use to build, create or learn anything you want… not to mention access to library collections from across the consortium, the state, even the nation — oh, and FREE WIFI too — all free for YOU.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH YOUR LIBRARY CARD?
- Borrow books, DVDs, CDs, e-books, and other materials
- Use our research databases
- Place holds
- Place your holds from home and get email notification for pick-up. Ask any NTL staff member if you need help with this service. Pick-up and check-out your items at the library location you choose (any library within the MVLC). Holds will be held for 7 days. Check-out period is 3 weeks.
- Place interlibrary loan requests for items the MVLC does not own.
- Check your account online: To reserve items, renew your items, view or cancel holds
Membership has many privileges. Get your library card today!
* Like other Merrimack Valley Library Consortium members, the Newbury Town Library requires that you present your card whenever you check out books or other items from the Library.
- All residents of Merrimack Valley Library Consortium libraries must apply for their library card in the town in which they reside.
- When applying for a card, Newbury residents must present proof of residency, preferably a driver’s license. New residents may bring a lease, cancelled mail or a utility bill.
- Your Newbury library card can be used at all MVLC member libraries (to view the list, click here).
- Patrons wanting to check out materials without their MVLC library card in hand may be asked for identification and their address must be verified in the circulation system.