LIBRARY CARDS & BORROWING
Newbury residents may obtain a library card by presenting proof of residency (license, utility or tax bill) and a picture ID; there is no minimum age. Children under age 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with acceptable identification to sign their application. Children age 14 and over must have acceptable identification (school ID, license) or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with acceptable identification.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH YOUR LIBRARY CARD?
- Borrow books, DVDs, CDs, e-books, and other materials
- Use our research databases
- Place holds
- Place your holds from home and get email notification for pick-up. Ask any NTL staff member if you need help with this service. Pick-up and check-out your items at the library location you choose (any library within the MVLC). Holds will be held for 7 days. Check-out period is 3 weeks.
- Place interlibrary loan requests for items the MVLC does not own.
- Check your account online: To reserve items, renew your items, view or cancel holds
- Membership has many privileges. Get your library card today!
* Like other Merrimack Valley Library Consortium members, the Newbury Town Library requires that you present your card whenever you check out books or other items from the Library.
Passwords will default to the last four digits of your phone number unless you specify a different password.Passwords can contain letters and numbers and can be changed by logging in to your account
BORROWING & RENEWING
Access My Account Online
Sign up to receive email reminders when books are due and overdue.
Sign up to receive email notification and or text message when your holds are ready for pick up.
Renew your library materials. As long as no one is waiting, most materials can be renewed online.
Borrowing Periods for Library Materials
Available items can easily be renewed by logging in to your account
Patrons can also call or visit the library to renew their items.
Books 3 weeks Renewable 2 times if unrequested
Audiobooks 3 weeks Renewable 1 time if unrequested
Magazines 2 weeks Renewable 1 time if unrequested
Music CDs 3 weeks Renewable 1 time if unrequested
DVDs 1 week Renewable 1 time if unrequested
NEW DVDs 1 week Non-renewable Only 1 NEW DVD can be borrowed at a time
HotSpots 2 weeks Non-renewable
HOT TITLES: Hot Titles are second copies of popular, new books that are only available to walk-in patrons. They cannot be reserved of held.
HOT DVDs: Hot DVDs are second copies of popular, new DVDs that are only available to walk-in patrons. They cannot be reserved or held.