We offer a diverse selection of resources to help children and teens learn at the Newbury Town Library throughout the year. Please read below to learn more about our offerings.
- Boston Globe
- New York Times
- Kids Info Bits
- InfoTrac for Children: provides elementary school students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- InfoTrac Junior Edition: provides middle school and junior high students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- InfoTrac Student Edition: provides high school students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- Massachusetts History Online
- U.S. History
- World History
Newbury Elementary School Library Media Center – Welcome to the NES Library!
AWE Early Literacy Station!
See something different in the Children’s Room? We have a new addition: the AWE Early Literacy Station! The ELS features over 60 different educational games for children ages 2 and up. The games align with Common Core standards and cover a range of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) topics. The ELS utilizes engaging graphics and fun sound effects, and has a touchscreen menu that is easy for little fingers to use. Stop by the Children’s Room today and start playing!
Check out Foreign Language Program, MUZZY ONLINE, an award-winning BBC Language Course for Children hailed by kids, parents, teachers and librarians world-wide. Courses in eight (8) languages are now available, FREE, to patrons through the Newbury Town Library’s website using their 14-digit library card number. Click the image above and check it out!
Looking for something to read? Check out the following…
- Reading Rants: Out of the Ordinary Teen Booklists
- Massachusetts Center for the Book
- YALSA: Young Adult Library Services Association
- 25 Movie Cameos by the Authors of the Original Books