We offer a diverse selection of resources to help children and teens learn at the Newbury Town Library throughout the year. Please read below to learn more about our offerings.
MVLC OverDrive Kids’ Room
The Kid’s Room separates children’s overdrive digital content into a separate space for younger (or young at heart!) patrons to explore these collections. The Kids’ Room currently contains 2,315 titles with plans to add more in the coming months! Although kids now have this space, you may still access juvenile titles from the OverDrive main collection. It’s the perfect place for kids who may be receiving their very first e-reader during this holiday season!
Click here to access the OverDrive Kid’s Room
AWE Early Literacy Station!
See something different in the Children’s Room? We have a new addition: the AWE Early Literacy Station! The ELS features over 60 different educational games for children ages 2 and up. The games align with Common Core standards and cover a range of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) topics. The ELS utilizes engaging graphics and fun sound effects, and has a touchscreen menu that is easy for little fingers to use. Stop by the Children’s Room today and start playing!
Check out Foreign Language Program, MUZZY ONLINE, an award-winning BBC Language Course for Children hailed by kids, parents, teachers and librarians world-wide. Courses in eight (8) languages are now available, FREE, to patrons through the Newbury Town Library’s website using their library card number. Click the image above and check it out!
Typing Resources for Kids
- The Typing Club
- BBC Dance Mat Typing
- Keyboard Climber
- Keyboard Climber 2 (includes upper and lower case practice)
- Typing Monster
- Boston Globe
- New York Times
- Kids Info Bits
- InfoTrac for Children: provides elementary school students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- InfoTrac Junior Edition: provides middle school and junior high students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- InfoTrac Student Edition: provides high school students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- Massachusetts History Online
- U.S. History
- World History
- Newbury Elementary School Library Media Center – Welcome to the NES Library!
- Triton High School Library
Looking for something to read? Check out the following…
- Reading Rants: Out of the Ordinary Teen Booklists
- Massachusetts Center for the Book
- YALSA: Young Adult Library Services Association
- 25 Movie Cameos by the Authors of the Original Books