The Newbury Town Library built its very own permanent StoryWalk in December, 2020! The stories change out periodically. What is a StoryWalk? Click here to find out!
eContent (Library @ Home)
Stuck at home? Check out the following, available to you 24/7!
Here at the NTL, we have multiple sources to learn about and utilize online reading materials, from fictional stories to newspaper articles to scholarly research, all by using your library card. Check out the listings below and dig in! More information…
Author Alerts is a new digital service allowing you to sign up to be notified immediately, by email or text message, when books by your favorite authors, audiobooks read by your favorite narrators, and DVDs by your favorite actors and directors are added into any MVLC member library’s collection. Simply follow the link above to create a profile with either an email address or cell phone number.Then, they add your favorite authors or performers to that profile. When any of the MVLC member libraries order new titles by that author or performer, you will automatically receive an alert via email or text message. Alerts include a link to the item in the catalog so you can place a request immediately if you so choose.
Library of Things
Our Library of Things is a collection of non-traditional items available to patrons to check out. The collection supports lifelong learning and creativity by providing the physical tools necessary to explore new areas of interest and learn new skills. The Newbury Town Library has always been a place where you can come to learn anything you are curious about – now we are offering you the tools to satisfy and encourage that curiosity. Early additions to the collection include: a volleyball set, decorative cake pans, a crochet kit, a children’s Dot robotics kit, a SAD daylight lamp, paper quilling kits, an electricity monitor, and wifi hotspots. Checkout this growing collection at http://ow.ly/owFs30ooUwT
Search the Catalog
- Young Adult
Newspaper and Magazine Collection
We have a large collection of magazines and newspapers at the Library, from free publications to take and keep, to magazines for children and teens, to magazines and newspapers in Adult Services. Click the link above for a complete listing.
Here at the Newbury Town Library, we have multiple sources to learn about and utilize online reading materials, from fictional stories to newspaper articles to scholarly research, all by using your library card. Check out the listings below and dig in!
- Hoopla (eMovies, eBooks, eAudiobooks)
- Libby (Overdrive)
- eBooks (Overdrive or Hoopla)
- eBusiness and eTech Books (Safari)
- eAudiobooks (Overdrive or Hoopla)
- eMagazines (Overdrive)
- eMovies (Kanopy or Hoopla)
- eClasses (Universal Class)
*BPL eCard: Access more eResources through the Boston Public Library with a BPL eCard – available to all Massachusetts residents online!
Movies & TV
- What’s new? Check out the newest DVDs in our collection.
- Streaming Media through Hoopla or Kanopy
- Interactive Movie Kits: Register on our event calendar to receive your interactive movie kit: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and enjoy family movie night like never before! Get more information on our event calendar, on the 1st of the month listing for Interactive Movie Kit.
- What’s new? Check out the newest music cds in our collection.
- NPR Music
- BPL Music
On CD – We offer many language learning courses on cd at the Newbury Library and throughout the MVLC. Click here to browse our inhouse collection.
- Muzzy eLanguage Learning
- BPL – Mango Languages eLanguage Learning
- BPL – GALE eLanguage Learning
- BPL Little PIM eLanguage Learning
- ESL Online Courses
What should you read this year? Let us help you choose! We understand the need to always have a good book in hand (as well as a backup book or two!). Check out the following places to find new and interesting titles to read, and never be without a good book!
- Browse our Collection, the NTL and the entire MVLC are available for you to borrow!
- New Arrivals
- Author Interview Podcasts
- Bookpage – monthly book reviews
- New York Times Sunday Book Review
- Booklist – over 170k book reviews
- NPR Books
- Massachusetts Center for the Book