Our local history room is under development, but available for patron use. There are a number of local history organizations to gather information, as well as library use of Ancestry.com.
Newbury is a small town in Essex County, Massachusetts, USA. Newbury includes the villages of Old Town, Plum Island and Byfield. Visit the Town of Newbury website for information for residents, visitors and businesses.
Serving Newbury, Rowley, and Salisbury, MA
Three communities with a mission to unite in supporting the development of engaged, successful, responsible, resilient learners; well-prepared to be ethical, empathetic, and contributing citizens.
Whether you reside or work in the community or are a tourist visiting the area, you’ll find this site chock full or resources and ideas while you’re here. Rich in maritime history and nestled on the shores where the Merrimack River meets the Atlantic, the Greater Newburyport area is comprised of diverse shops, restaurants, small businesses and corporations alike. The Chamber is proud to serve more than 800 of these business members and plays a vital role in keeping our area a vibrant and enjoyable place to live, work and play.
Information on local and national emergency information sources.
Check out Town of Newbury videos on the Town YouTube channel
Newbury Area Links:
- Byfield Community Arts Center
- Byfield-Newbury Baseball Softball League
- Colby Farm
- Council on Aging
- Essex County Genealogy Sites
- Essex County National Heritage Area
- The Governor’s Academy
- Greater Newburyport Chamber of Commerce
- Historical Society of Old Newbury
- Joppa Flats Education Center – Mass Audubon
- Newbury Garden Club
- Newbury Historical Commission
- Newbury Weather
- Newburyport Daily News
- Ould Newbury Golf Club
- Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
- Plum Island Links
- Plum Island (National Wildlife Federation Blog on Plum Island)
- Rusty Can Restaurant
- Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm | Historic New England
- Sons & Daughters of the first Settlers of Newbury, MA
- Tendercrop Farms