The Newbury Town Library’s Mobile App
The Newbury Town Library as a mobile app available for all patrons. MVLC Mobile makes it easy for you to use the library’s resources, even if you aren’t physically in the library.
With this new app, you can access your account no matter where you are. MVLC Mobile makes it easy to digitally browse the library’s collections, check out or place a hold on items, and even renew items previously checked out. If many people in your house use the library, you can even link their accounts together to easily view multiple accounts all from the same device.
If you are interested in downloading this app, search for MVLC Mobile in your app store today. The app is available for both iOS and Android, and can be downloaded to multiple devices. If you need assistance downloading the app, please contact the library and a staff member will be able to help you!
Mobile Device Operating Systems- Supported Versions:
- Android: Any Android device (phone or tablet) that can run Android version 4.4 or greater.
- iOS: Any iOS device (phone or tablet) that can run iOS version 8 or greater.
Downloading MVLC Mobile:
- Open the Play Store on your mobile device.
- Search for MVLC Mobile and tap on the app in the results list.
- Click Install to download the app to your device.
- Open the App Store on your mobile device.
- Search for MVLC Mobile.
- Click Get next to the search result for MVLC Mobile, then follow the prompts to install the app on your device.
Note on app permissions:
The MVLC Mobile app requests the following permission upon download:
- Camera – used for the ISBN scan feature, the library card barcode scan feature, and the add photo to account profile feature.
- Calendar – may be used to add events to your calendar, if the library’s calendar software supports this.
- Location – GPS used to identify nearest MVLC libraries and to provide directions.
- Photos, Media, and Files – used if adding a picture to the library account.
Logging in to MVLC Mobile: To access an individual library’s app, you must log in with your barcode and PIN/password. You will then be routed to the app for your home library.
- Tap Sign In. This will open a menu on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Tap Sign in again.
- Enter your library barcode or username.
- You may use the Scan Barcode option to launch your device’s camera and take a picture of your library card to autofill this field.
- If you plan to place holds on/download OverDrive materials, log in with your barcode instead of your username to properly authenticate against OverDrive.
4. Enter your PIN/password.
5. Keep me signed in is checked by default for easiest access to your library account. Uncheck this box if you wish to log in to your account upon each use of the app.
6. Tap Login.
7. The app will update from MVLC branding to the branding and features of your home library.