We offer a diverse selection of resources to help children and teens learn at the Newbury Town Library throughout the year. Please read below to learn more about our offerings.
MVLC OverDrive Kids’ Room
The Kid’s Room separates children’s overdrive digital content into a separate space for younger (or young at heart!) patrons to explore these collections. The Kids’Room currently contains 2,315 titles with plans to add more in the coming months! Although kids now have this space, you may still access juvenile titles from the OverDrive main collection. It’s the perfect place for kids who may be receiving their very first e-reader during this holiday season! Click here to access the OverDrive Kid’s Room
The AWE Early Learning Station (ELS) features over 60 different educational games for children ages 2 and up. The games align with Common Core standards and cover a range of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) topics. The ELS utilizes engaging graphics and fun sound effects, and has a touchscreen menu that is easy for little fingers to use. Stop by the Children’s Room today and start playing!
Typing Resources for Kids
- Newbury Elementary School Library Media Center – Welcome to the NES Library!
- Triton High School Library
- Boston Globe
The Following are GALE Resources and require you Newbury Library Card number to access:
- New York Times
- Kids Info Bits
- InfoTrac for Children: provides elementary school students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- InfoTrac Junior Edition: provides middle school and junior high students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- InfoTrac Student Edition: provides high school students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content.
- U.S. History
- World History